Google Maps Is Getting a New Look and Other Upgrades

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have a question about Google Maps. I prefer to use 3D maps, but you will always have to go to several clicks in order to switch to 3D/earth view. However, recently I noticed that it sometimes automatically loads in 3D view. You can then click on the 2D icon to switch back to normal map view. Is there a way to make it always load in 3D view? I really don't understand why Google didn't implement a once-click 3D button. These guys are totally nuts! :confused:

2. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

In the settings there is an option to start maps in 2D or 3D view

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  3. Rasheed187

Thanks for the info, but where do you find these settings? And let me guess, it will only work when your logged into your Google account? I freaking hate this! But as said before, Google could have simply made a ''switch to 2D/3D button'', it's mystery why they didn't provide this, why make you go to so many steps?

4. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

Start Google Maps in Satellite View = https://streamable.com/oahc8s

5. Rasheed187

I believe this is only for the mobile app? I was talking about Google Maps on PC's. I already figured out that those geniuses have simply decided to remove the 2D/3D button and hide it, so that it will take extra clicks to switch to Globe View. Again, this doesn't make any sense at all, what a bunch of idiots.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.