Runbox POP3 in MSOutlook inside Sandboxie-Plus?

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by jclarkw, Jun 14, 2024.

1. jclarkw

jclarkw Registered Member

I'm looking for anyone else who combines these two variations on email in Sandboxie. (Runbox is an email provider based in Norway, which has very strong privacy laws.)

My two Runbox email accounts work fine for POP3 access through Outlook 2019 under Windows 10 (22H2); but when I run Outlook inside Sandboxie-Plus vs. 1.13.x, my Runbox accounts take a few 10s of seconds to get new mail, whereas another non-Runbox account works fast either way. (This problem did not occur with earlier versions of Sandboxie-Plus!) I’m located inside the USA, so the only difference I can figure is that the other account’s server is also located in the USA, whereas Runbox obviously is not. (This issue is described more fully at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/new-delay-recovering-pop3-mail.454050/.)

Runbox support has convinced me that my problems are not at their end (as also demonstrated by the quick response when Outlook is running outside the sandbox). DavidXanatos can’t see any reason why Sandboxie would treat Runbox differently from any other email provider.

What I need now is somebody else trying to to the same thing with whom to compare notes. Best Regards -- jclarkw

2. jclarkw

jclarkw Registered Member

For me this problem from vs.1.13.x was resolved with the installation of vs. 1.14.4. Hooray! -- jclarkw

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.